Before You Start
For any plumbing project, you need to turn off water at the shutoff valve and drain remaining water from the faucet first.
Depending on where you live (i.e., cool or warm area), your water shut-off valves may locate at different areas of your house.[1,2] In a small Texas town where I live now, the main water shut-off value is located inside the meter box near the curb.
In our city, only authorized city personnel are allowed to open and work in the meter box. However, most newer homes in our area have additional shut-off valves located near the house in the flower bed. After locating the valve, you shut if off by turning it clockwise and on by turning it counter-clockwise. Finally, depending on the size of your house, draining remaining water from the pipe may take about 10 minutes.
Choosing the Right Cartridge
As shown in , there are different types of Moen cartridge:
How to Remove and Replace?
Without repeating, you can watch video's from youtube from the reference list for instructions. Just one additional reminder, if you run into a cartridge which won't be removed easily. you should consider using a core puller as shown above with the removal process (watch  for instructions).
- Finding and Turning Off Your Home's Water Shut-off Valve (video)
- How to Turn Off the Main Water Shut-Off Valve
- Old plumber shows tips and tricks on moen faucets. Choosing the right cartridge
- How to remove and replace a Moen shower cartridge
- How to Repair a Moen Shower Faucet Step-by-Step
- How To Use Moen's Shower Valve Cartridge Puller - Smarter How to Tips
- This video shows you how to use a cartridge puller.